8.01.2010

What I Did on My Summer Vacation

I've been gone a few weeks, but I've been working for the blog, and working hard. I've been building a resource of lovely internet design goodness, and I'm sharing it with YOU.

I've taken 1500 most-loved links stored on my hard drive and moved them to DELICIOUS.COM

I categorized, tagged, updated and labeled them to create a huge reference of the coolest stuff I've found online in the past few years. Click on over and take a look! The catalog includes:
  • 1423 Bookmarks labeled with 1410 different searchable tags
  • 85 well-edited interior design blogs
  • 20 graphic design blogs
  • 16 places to buy great (inexpensive) art for your house
  • 155 fashion shopping sites
  • 132 sites to buy great, unique gifts
  • The list goes on and on and on...
I also decided to try my hand at Pinterest. Pinterest is an online pin board, where you collect and share the best images you find on the web. You can search, follow others, and 'like' images, you can pull images from someone else's board and 're-pin' them on your own. You can create new boards for any grouping of images you like. (My boards so far include rooms that could be in my dream home and gifts I'd love to give, among others.)

As a visual person, I can't overstate how much I love this resource. It's a way to organize visual reference, to put everything you love in one place. It's the digital equivalent of the 'mood boards' I create for my graphic design clients, a card catalog of design images.

If you'd like to try your hand at Pinterest, reply in the comments below with your email address and let me know what the topics of your first pinboards will be. I'll send invites to the most creative answers!

I will be devoting more time to this blog and Twitter in the months to come, and I hope you'll join me. Thanks for stopping in, and happy summer!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Ya dig?