6.07.2010

Coquine


Today I made two lucky discoveries in one: The first was this amazing bar in London called Coquine, designed by the extraordinarily talented Lee Broom. I love how it's dark and classic and clean and current all at the same time. I love how the doorways feel like you're stepping through a frame into a painting. The slick subway tile on the curved ceiling is pitch-perfect next to velvet cushions.


Then I discovered this photo from Coquine, featuring amazing light fixtures made from repurposed antique cut-glass liquor decanters. The lights are a creation of the bar's designer, Lee Broom, and are for sale through his studio. They come in two finishes (gold or crystal) and each one is unique, since they're sourced from antiques stores and flea markets.

I'd love to use them in a super-modern, feminine dressing room. Where would you put them?





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Ya dig?